We have updated our risk assessments, policy and procedures so that our team members can work safely during the Coronavirus crisis.
As restrictions are loosened by the Government, we see a new normal. Our approach to work will be surrounded by anti-viral measures. We have one priority. That is to keep our team members safe by reducing the chance of contraction or transmission of COVID-19 at work.
What are we doing?
We can keep people safe by ensuring that strict measures are implemented and adhered to at work. The government released a new standard called “COVID-19 Secure”. This standard is issued to all employers and should be followed where appropriate. We use this standard/guidance to set out our main principles of what we will do together at Eboracum®.
The Managing Director has signed the government’s commitment/pledge. This confirmed that the Eboracum® complies with the standard and we will display this at sites where our team members work. You can download a copy of this signed commitment below. It reads “We confirm we have complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19”.
Our main COVID-19 Secure principles:
We will adopt the following main principles to manage a safe working environment:
- Assess risk, implement control measures and share this with all of our team members
- Ensure that there are cleaning, hand washing and hygiene procedures on client sites, assignments and in company offices
- Where their role allows, we will help our team members to work from home
- We will take reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance at work
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, we will do everything practical to manage transmission risk.
What is the process for ensuring safe working inline with these principles?
There are four elements to the processes that we will use when assessing and approving team deployments:
- A company-wide risk assessment. This risk assessment includes various control measures around safe working in relation to COVID19. It is heavily based on Government guidance. All of our team members will read and adhere to the control measures put in place on this risk assessment.
- Client/assignment specific checklists. We will use checklists to assess whether a role/assignment/client site that we work at also satisfactorily meets the COVID-19 Secure standard. The Managing Director will be responsible for managing this process. The company will not reply any team members unless this can be completed satisfactorily. We will work with clients to an agreed standard.
- Instruction, briefings, awareness and information. We will provide our team members with as much information that is relevant to their role. This may be new guidance, updated risk assesments or changes in procedures. We will also provide training such as e-learning.
- Monitoring & supervision. One of the key elements to ensure compliance is by checking and auditing the various tasks, roles and client sites. We will use the completed risk assessment and check that each control measure is being adhered to.
(Image (c) Peninsula Group Ltd)
Eboracum® has top-down commitment to making sure our team members are safe at work. For more information please contact Carl via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are supported by our Health & Safety advice provider – Peninsula Group Ltd.